http://www.trier.de/english

Monday, July 24, 2006

Down to a week

Well the time has come...one week left.

I can't believe it. Four months nearly passed...

So, I might be getting a bit sentimental, but who wouldn't be? I am done with all of my tests and now just packing, saying good bye to friends, and soaking up the last week. Like today: I met up with my German friend Alwina for brunch at a cafe and then will be meeting with the group from the university with whom I worked on the new brochure for international students with, and then dinner with friends from the dorm (one of the gals is leaving tomorrow morning.)

I have realized that even though I have come to love the small cultural things about Germany...fresh bakeries, the city center where cars aren't allowed to drive through, simply the language, I will miss the people most of all. And that is the same for Nebraska, sure I missed things (mmmm El bee's mexican food sounds spectactular!), but all in all, it is the people I have missed the most.

So, I am stuck between places right now. Do I feel sad because I am leaving this experience and friends behind or do I feel happy to be seeing loved ones soon? I guess the answer is both.

Can't wait to see everyone. (Will be posting more pics from this past weekend...I visited my other German friend, Juliane in Munster.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home