http://www.trier.de/english

Monday, May 15, 2006

Brunch and Fussball-Sunday, May 14



Sunday afternoons, I play soccer with this group of people. This is right after we were done playing and some of our 'fans' are in the picture...okay, so not so much fans, as just 'friends who thought they would come and watch'. There are Germans and other international students like myself...but as you can, the majority are men besides me, my friend Renate from Latvia, and a couple gals from Denmark. The German guys were so surprised after the first time we played, because according to them, there are hardly any women who are good soccer players or in the very least, even play. (This past game, I skinned my knee pretty bad, but I also made a goal...so the good and bad balanced out.)



Before the soccer game, I went with my German friend, Angie, for brunch at this restaurant and met four of her other friends. We had so much fun! And it was particulary good for me to speak and listen to them in German...I feel like this is when I learn the most German.



Close up! This is me, Angie, and her friend, Josephine. Josephine is actually from Stuttgart, which was particularly interesting for me because they speak a different dialect there called "Schwabisch".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home